Friday, April 20, 2012

Zumba Love

So I went to my first Zumba class last night and loved it!
When I first started on this weight loss plan at 245 I was too embarressed to even go to a gym to work out so I would shut my blinds and do zumba tapes in my living room(as well as wii fit and a biggest loser dvd). I really liked them they were fun and went by fast and of course once you got the moves down they could be as challenging as you wanted because thats when you could add your own wiggles:)
When I got down to 200 I joined a gym. I liked it at first because it was a change in my routine and seemed more of a push that the videos were- I think mainly because I had done the same 2 for too long.
Now that I am near 180, (182 as of this morning)  I am more willing to get out there and try new things. Yes I thaught I would look silly doing my dance moves in front of others. Byt everyone was really into it and just doing their own thing. I did feel bad that since I was new I def did not get the dance moves right most of the time. This brought me pretty close to the girl on my left each time for some reason. Sorry if I was intruding your space I will be better next time and the time after that and so on.
I want to spice up my workouts with other things, variety seems to be the key for me. I think if I can do something that gets my heart going and breaks a sweat for at least 30 min 4 times a week I'll be happy. This summer I have rollerblading-def want to do at least once a week, gym work out -elliptical for 40 min with some rowning machine for arms would be good enough, then Zumba classes once a week seems like so much fun. I just need to either come up with one more thing or do the gym twice a week until I figure it out.
Gotta keep it fresh!
Side note last night for dinner I made chicken breast-pan some spray salt pepper vegetable seasoning and a dash of soy sause, and a sweet potato microwaved whole for 8 min sprayed with I can't belive its not butter. MMM it was so good. And it filled me up so much after Zumba that I was feeding bites of sweet potato and chicken to my doggie-I have a bad habit of giving her bites of food when we are home alone. But look at this sweet girl how can I resist!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed Zumba! I tried it a while ago and I wasn't sure about it. I may give it another try (I think the instructor may have had something to do with my lack of enjoyment) in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Def give it another try. Its better after a few classes and not all the moves are brand new!

      Delete
  2. I'm still not comfortable doing zumba, but I hope I will be one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had fun! I have not tried it but I would think it would take some time to get the movements down so you feel comfortable. Everyone in that room had to start at the beginning!

    ReplyDelete