Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Friendly Thaughts

Do you have a weakness for a certain type of food? Of course you do we all do. I was out with some girlfriends the other night and we started talking about ours. S's weakness is pop. She prefers Coke and will drink it all day every day if she had the funds. J's weakness is sweets. She is temporarily living with her parents her mom is retired and is home all day. J will hold up in her room all day and not eat and then will be starving for dinner and after and will eat dinner with her parents and then steal a bunch of cookies or whatever is available and take it back to her room to eat alone after dinner. K's weakness is take out. She was a single mom for a long time and got in the habit of picking up food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for herself and probably breakfast and dinner most days for her daughter.
Chatting with these friends I came to see at different points I had similar habits as each of them. I think my food habits have changed so much in these past few months and my awareness of calories is so heavy in my mind when I make food choices, even when I am intetionally making less than healthy choices.
Even with this new knowledge I know that if I let myself I could easily go back into my old ways and become that girl again. Tracking has been so important to me in this journey. Foods I eat have changed, excersize has changed alot, I don't know what matinence will look like yet. It is too far away to know but I'm sure that if not everyday I will definatly still be tracking my food to make sure I am in line periodically.

Update on my back: I am taking advil around the clock my aunt, a nurse said that I should continually take it a few days to build up in my system to see if it can reduce some swelling(pain) in the area that could be caused by the adjstments. Also, I am planning on getting a physical soon and will bring this up with my regular doctor. Mentally I am in a much better place today.

2 comments:

  1. I'm still a work in progress with my food habits. Changing years of self-abuse food-wise is hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very hard! I find I eat the same things all the time because I know they are safe. Will have to branch out at some pont:)

      Delete