Thursday, May 17, 2012

What would you say?

Do people ask you for advice? I have been asked twice in the last week by overweight people what I have been doing and how I got started. I have no idea what to tell them. It feels hypocritical to give advice. At about 180 I am still big. I want to direct them to whomever else is around that is small and obviously does the right things to never put themselves in the position to need to lose weight.
Also, I know that I am not doing everything perfectly. If I was I would be losing weight faster than I am and I would be stronger than I am now. How can I give advice if I am just making it up as I go? So what should I say?
What I did say is that writing down everything I eat works for me as well as exercising in any way you can. I feel like this is lame tho, who wouldn't know that? Its so basic. What I think they are asking (well really what I would be asking if I was to be brave enough to approach someone for advice) is what keeps you going? How do you continue to make good decisions at 8pm on a Tuesday? How do you lose .5lbs or even gain .5 lbs after a whole week of work and keep on keeping on? What makes your planning future looking self able to wrangle the greedy in the moment self?
Do you know? I don't. The best I can come up with is that it is a muscle that you have to build on as you would any other. As you use it it becomes stronger. Also, don't let yourself get too hungry with out a game plan that is when large pizzas are ordered:) Also when I am having a bad day I drive in my car a bit and sing really loudly with Miley Cyrus's "The Climb" so corny but it speaks to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment