Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Not inspiring

So I use Livestrong.com to track my food intake and there are some forums or blogs on there. There is one that is for people with 100 or more pounds to lose. One guy on the site has lost 144 lbs in less than a year and is at his goal. He supposedly has never had a slip up since he started. The worst part is that he posts on every comment about his success and how perfect he is. I posted today about how the day after christmas is just a day like any other and if you are waiting to get back or started on weightless until the new year you should consider starting today and get a jump start on those new years resolutions. Of course he is the first to respond how he of course would not crowd out healthy food with bad food and that 144lbs feels so much better than anything would taste.

What a load! Seriously, sure you can be perfect maybe but for how long? And really mom's chocolates and grandmas christmas dinner are worth a few lighter calorie days this week. Maybe at 50 something its different but at 25 dude I'm going to eat some mashed potatoes and my mom's chocolates. And you know what its fine. I own it. I make that choice just like today I made the choice to go right back to eating like I know I should.

What I'm saying is that you can't be perfect all the time and pretending that you are-dude on Livestrong- is not helping anyone. Seriously if I had to go into this thinking that I had to be perfect or it will not work I don't know if I would have gotten started.

So Livestrong guy let me know where you are 3 years from now. Still perfect?

4 comments:

  1. Hi C! Ah, I feel sympathy for the guy. He lived certain years of his life 144 pounds heavier, and now feels so much happier that he's pretty cuckoo about it.

    I did have quite a few 7-layer bars--maybe 6 or 7--on the day before Christmas. And, I wouldn't watch my weight at all if I had to make the choice of zero sweets in order to be slim. But we can have both, so I ate the treats. But now, I have to shove the leftover treats into the garbagio. Because if I don't, I'll be the sole person who eats them. That is my balance.

    I'd have eaten some of your mom's chocolates too. :D

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. What people that have succeeded don't seem to understand is that the path is different for everyone. Maybe he needs to be a food nazi, for me that would never work in the long run - and I would certainly not be happy.

    I hope you had your treats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi C! I got your message. Rock and roll! You managed to get into a smaller size during Christmas season! Awesome sauce!

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Marion it is awsome! Maren you are right everyone is different I am so glad you are back in the game!

    ReplyDelete