Thursday, August 1, 2013

August whole foods month


Ok needed to really get back to it I have been steadily in the 150s bouncing between 159 and 153 for around 3 months now and I'm ready to get going again. The new job is going well and the new boyfriend is going great I think ill keep him. The eating with the boyfriend has gotten better too I am comfortable enough around him to have voiced my needs and feel its ok if we eat completely different meals and I veto restaurant and cooking choices because they do not fit in with what I need.
 I feel a little more settled now and can focus again on weight loss. Weight today was 158 first day of period that's ok I guess. So that will be my starting weight. For the month if August, 2 of my friends and I are going to eat as close to whole foods as we can manage. I will prob be the most extreme of the three of us as when it comes to eating I can pretty much give up anything for a good amount if time and not have huge turmoil. 
So the plan is to eat food that looks like what it is. No packaged food that has more than one ingredient unless its like frozen mixed veggies or something where u can clearly see the ingredients individually.

The boyfriend is actually taking this as a challenge I told him I can't eat bread he said lets make our own bread and got recipes and a bread maker from his mom. When I told him the recipes were full of white flour and things I didn't want to eat he found new recipes. He is a huge meat and carbs and processed foods eater but he really tries to make stuff that is good for me too!
I still need to work on the exercise front I have done terrible lately I walk everyday with my dog but it does not get me breathing heavy and def is not going to shape my arms! 
With that I am still super proud if what I have done! 2 years ago this week I decided to grow up and make my life what I was dreaming about. No one was going to rescue me except me so I did! Since then I have changed inside and out I have grown as a person as I reduced my weight by 90 lbs! 
This is who I am now I have kept at this longer than most! 2 years is slow for most people but of the blogs I read there are kinda 3 camps: the lost in one year ish  and kept it off, the slowly but surely who are consistent and slow and take breaks from loss where they maintain but get there, and the never make progress people that have good intentions but just can't get it together. 
I am and want to be the middle one I will finish in my own time and my own way. I am 18 lbs away from my original goal and I will get there and not take a crazy long time by bouncing up to a higher weight to have to do it all again. 
Ok so I plan to post my food each day here for the clean eating so here we go.
Only breakfast so far this should be the same for a while I made a big batch of kinda fried rice=brown rice peas carrots green beans egg and shrimp salt and pepper to taste. Made 6 servings of rice so this should be breakfast for about a week then ill try something different.
Ill catch u up later on what I eat for lunch and dinner. I prefer very plain food for tracking so prob not going to create any amazing recipes for u but just yummy healthy whole food!
Have a good day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment